This could conceivably be done as needlework, which gives me an excuse to post something that made me fall over laughing.
Moving along! I made a design decision in the last couple sets of patterns: Several of them require quarter-stitches. That would be fine on other cloth, but quarters usually don’t look all that great on Aida, and they’re nearly impossible to keep looking uniform and non-ragged. So unless they’re absolutely essential to a pattern, I’ve been extending them into half-stitches. So far, I don’t see any problems with that; I doubt anyone could tell that I made changes without the chart to compare to. And I’m happier with the results and 100% less stressed during the process. Win!
I found a completed-project photo for Save the Stitches!
I’m currently putting in the borders for the second row of individual motifs. So if you count down along the outer points, I’m on the 6th row of 19.
I probably would have gotten a little further, but life sidetracked me for a while.
I made major changes to the single motif that starts the last section. I’ll probably finish my modified version with a bead in the center. The original was a little too “Gee, Bob, isn’t that a swastika?” for me.
There are some cute calendar and alphabet cross-stitch charts here, and several nice blackwork charts, along with some other styles: Rainbow Gallery (via the Wayback Machine)
Ensamplario Atlantio is 40 pages of blackwork filling patterns, over 200 of them in total. And it’s a free download! It’s been around for a while, but I just happened across it (via Incidental Time Traveler), and it’s one of those collections you’ll be delighted to have on hand when the need arises for it.
First roll-up! You can see the end of the third section that I was working on last time. The fourth section is the seven individual motifs running across, and I’m on the last one of section five. Still enjoying working, still loving how it’s coming out.